AUSTIN, Texas, April 30, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — While this year’s Mother’s Day looks a little different than years prior, shoppers should still take the opportunity to lift up the mother figure in their lives. According to recent data from RetailMeNot, 75% of Americans plan to make a purchase for Mother’s Day this year. And with the limitations due to COVID-19, consumers may need to get creative and make their purchases earlier to meet shipping deadlines.
Mother’s Day Spending:
- 75% of Americans plan to make a purchase for Mother’s Day this year, spending an average of $97 on gifts.
- Millennials plan to spend the most on mom compared to other generations, averaging around $111.
- Men will be spending $123 this year on Mother’s Day gifts, while women plan on spending $69.
- 35% of moms are hoping to receive a nice dinner, which can still be achieved by cooking at home or ordering takeout from her favorite restaurant. Right now, shoppers can save 25% off their first food delivery purchase with DoorDash.
- 28% of moms are hoping to receive a gift card. Skirboll suggests, “Consider purchasing a gift card to L’Occitane so she can create a spa at home, or Macy’s where she can buy some chic loungewear, the perfect quarantine accessory.”
- 19% are hoping to receive flowers, and our RetailMeNot data shows flowers remain the top gift to give for Mother’s Day with 43% of Americans intending to purchase an arrangement for mom. Shoppers can save 20% off sitewide.
- Pro tip: With COVID-19 keeping us away from loved ones this year, Mother’s Day is being celebrated virtually for many Americans. Right now, shoppers can get $50 off Portal from Facebook to stay in touch with loved ones through the remainder of quarantine.
- 1-800-Flowers.com: Right now, shoppers can save up to 40% on flowers and gifts, and with next-day and same-day no-contact flower delivery, you can be sure it’ll arrive safely in time for her special day.
- Bed Bath & Beyond: Order by today, April 30, to get presents in time with standard shipping, plus free shipping on $39+.
- Hallmark: For standard ground shipping, be sure to order by May 4, and for expedited, order by May 5. If you order by May 6, rush delivery is required, but same-day pickup is also available at hundreds of Hallmark stores in most major metropolitan areas.